How to find time for myself?

I have a confession. I am a lurker. And one of the places that I often lurk is the WAHM forum. I love the place, and you know why? Because I used to be a single parent and I can’t help but admire their stamina, persistence and the actual joy that comes through from work at home moms in their posts. I have never seen a group of harder working people.

I just wanted to stop by here tonight before I pile up in the bed with my little dog and a good book and say to the WAHMs out there to remember to take some time to yourself. I don’t care if it’s an hour a week and all you do is go to Walmart, do it alone, find a babysitter, trade turns with your neighbor or another WAHM so she can do the same. Enjoy some quality time.

As women, we are guilty of putting everyone’s needs before our own. And that can be honorable, but it can also take a huge toll on you and the people you love. Taking time out for yourself is a gift you give to you all. Good night, and keep on plugging along!