We are always waiting for something

While I was waiting for something, I started thinking about all the waiting I do. My ex is moving out today, but he’s still sleeping and I am waiting for him to wake up so he can get the hell out of here. It got me to thinking about all the waiting I have done where men are concerned. I have been married a couple of times, been in more than a few serious relationships, and also raised two sons. So I figure I have spent approximately one million, two hundred thousand; three hundred and fifty days waiting on men.

Waiting for them to come home

Waiting for them to wake up

Waiting for them to call

Waiting for them to say I love you

Waiting on them hand and foot

Waiting on them to change their mind

Waiting on them to move out

Waiting on them to arrive

Waiting on them to leave

Waiting for them to propose

Waiting on them to make up their minds

Waiting on them to move in

Waiting on them to see the light

Waiting on them to change

Waiting for them to pick up after themselves

Waiting for them to stop snoring

Waiting to see if one is attracted to me

Waiting on them to learn some manners

Waiting for them to stop being such assholes

I’m through waiting.